I was “surfing” the internet looking for something to make next for my blog when I came across these little tasty bacon, egg, and cheese toast cups. They looked very delicious in the picture and I knew right away that I had to try them. I modified the recipe slightly by using only egg whites because I am not a big fan of runny egg yolk. Egg whites are also healthier for you. If you are a fan of runny egg yolk however, you can use the entire egg in this recipe.
When I made these they turned out perfect! The toast was soft in the middle not soggy and it was slightly toasted on the bottom. The egg white was not too runny and cooked very nicely. The bacon was crisp and a good addition to the entire recipe. The cheese was mostly a binder in this recipe. When I make them again I will probably add more cheese in the middle.
For this recipe, I used a six cup muffin tin. If you are using a 12 cup muffin tin then all you have to do is double this recipe.
Recipe Adapted from The Noshery
3 slices of whole wheat bread (you can get two toast circles out of each slice)
6 egg whites (or 6 whole eggs)
6 Tbsp of Cheddar Cheese
6 slices of pliable bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook bacon in frying pan until cooked but still pliable
- Cut out 2 inch diameter circles from your slices of bread (I used a cookie cutter that was about the size of the bottom of the muffin tin or you could use a glass cup that is roughly the same size)
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
- Press bread circles into the bottom of each muffin cup
- After the bacon is cooked form slices around each muffin cup
- Add 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese to each cup, more if you prefer
- Crack one egg and separate the egg yolk then add the egg white to one muffin cup, repeat for all six eggs
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until egg white is cooked and has turned white