Last year, I made Cranberry Orange Infused Vodka and this year I made Cranberry Lime Infused Vodka. I had so much fun making this with my friend, Adrienne, last year that I had to try it again!! However, I made it a little bit differently this year to see if the vodka tastes any different.
Last year the vodka made excellent Cranberry Cosmos, but I thought the vodka could be “infused” more with the cranberries. I found this recipe online and saw that it used a lot more cranberries than I have used in the past. It also used a different process to get the juices of the cranberries into the vodka. And, it’s only been a few days since I made it and I’ve noticed that the vodka does look more “infused” than last year, so I am already pleased with the results.
Generally, infused alcohol takes 2 weeks to a couple of months to be ready. I’m not really in any rush to try it this year, so I will be happy to wait the full 2 months to taste the results!
Cranberry Lime Infused Vodka from Fancy Napkin
- Fresh cranberries
- Skin from 2 limes
- Vodka (about a fifth)
- 1 glass container with a good seal (as shown in pictures)
- Poke a hole into each cranberry and put into glass container
- Add lime skin periodically to make a decorative pattern
- Add about 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Last add the vodka until container is filled
- Give container a little shake to get the sugar to dissolve
- Let sit for 2 weeks to 2 months, longer is better